The Acupressure Mat can be seen as a modern interpretation of the Indian bed of nails.
The mat used is to relieve pain, promote relaxation and help with a range of health problems including insomnia, and recovery from injury. I use my mat pretty much every night while laying in bed and reading or watching my shows. It's very relaxing!
- It increases circulation and lowers your blood pressure
- Improves blood circulation
- Alleviate the symptoms of many ailments that people often resign themselves to living with including backache, sciatica, muscular tension, back pain, difficulty sleeping, migraine, high stress levels, lethargy and depression.
- Improves immunity
- Helps clear acid from the body which is fantastic for anyone with joint problems or gut issues
- Great when you’re feeling stressed
The Mat acts on the various nerve endings and acupressure points along the spine to eliminate tension and stimulate the production of hormones such as oxytocin and endorphins. The release of these calming hormones, in turn, promotes a feeling of deep relaxation and well-being.